Young Men’s Journey
May 4–11 | Big Sandy, TX
Journey to the Heart is a weeklong retreat that provides an opportunity for young people to get away from the busy things of life, seek the Lord while enjoying the beauty of his creation, and experience the reality of who He is.
Date:May 4–11, 2024 Cost:$525* Age:Single guys from 13 to 30 years old. Location:International ALERT Academy
1 Academy Blvd
Big Sandy, TX 75755 United States
Big Sandy, TX IBLP Campus
1 Academy Blvd Big Sandy, TX 75755 United States
Towering pine trees, a pristine lake and 2000+ acres of beautiful East Texas country provide the setting where our Big Sandy, TX Journeys are held. Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the main part of the campus the house where Journey attendees stay at during the Journey is situated right by beautiful Lake Loma.The dining room windows of this spacious house provide stunning views of the property and lake.The Big Sandy Campus provides an ideal place for people young and old alike to get away from the busyness of life to spend time seeking the face of Jesus and getting to know Him intimately.
Flights can be booked to fly into:
• Tyler (45m from campus)
• Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) (2h 30m from campus)
• Dallas Love Field (DAL) (2h from campus)
Address: 1 Academy Blvd.
Big Sandy, TX 75755
• Tyler: 11:00am and 3:00pm
• Dallas Love Field (DAL): 3:00pm
• Dallas Fort Worth (DFW): 3:30pm
• Tyler: 9:00am and 2:00pm
• Dallas Love Field (DAL): 8:30am
• Dallas Fort Worth (DFW): 9:15am
Housing, Meals & Packing Details
All meals are provided, including dinner the day participants arrive and breakfast the day they depart.
On-site Journey housing is provided.
• Towels and washcloths
• Pillow and Bedding
Packing Suggestions for Guys
• Neat, casual clothing for your time on the Journey. Jeans are acceptable.
• Comfortable shoes and athletic apparel for sports and other outdoor activities.
• Cash (in case you want to purchase anything at the Journey Book Table)
• Journal/Notebook and Pen
• Water Bottle
“When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.”